WINTER 2020 WEDNESDAY NIGHT JUNIOR TRAINING
** STARTS WEDNESDAY 22nd JULY **
He’s Back…….UMUT SAHIN is returning to Notorious Basketball
Umut is now fully recovered from his injury and is back as one of our Development Coaches for Juniors.
Umut is qualified with Turkish Basketball Federation with a Basketball Coaching Certificate. He has been playing basketball for almost 20 years in his home country as well as coaching for the last 6 years.
He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience in Technique and Tactics, Sports and Nutrition, Health of Athletes, Anatomy of Sports, General Training Knowledge.
Training Sessions with Umut are as follows:
Beginners to Intermediate – 5:30 to 6:30pm
Intermediate to Advanced – 6:30 to 7:30pm
TEAM TRAINING with Cooper
Commences Tuesday 21st July for the following teams
6.30pm-7.30pm – Emeralds, Opals, Chicks and Rubies
7.30pm-8.30pm – Cruisers, Stars, Spartans and Ashays
PLEASE NOTE: Every player must have their own ball for ALL training sessions
Size 6 for Girls and Boys u14 and below
Size 7 for Boys u15 and above
Team training is available if coaches are interested in training their teams, the cost is $40 per hour to hire the gymnasium at Hope Point Christian School (this fee is partially subsidised by the club).
The Gym is available on Tuesdays from 4pm to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4pm to 6pm or 8pm to 9pm. If you are interested in training your team please contact me so that I can book with the school. if 2 teams train together that will reduce the cost to $20 each
Training is held in the gymnasium located behind the church
Hope Point Church
42B Beale Street Georges Hall NSW 2198
Cost : the costs listed above are per player per term to cover Gymnasium hire costs.
Training fees will be due and payable prior to the first night of training. Our training sessions are for CLUB PLAYERS ONLY
Notorious is a no profit organisation and is run by volunteers, if you are able to volunteer, please contact our club manager Sandi on 0402 220 391
TRAINING CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Do not talk when the coach is talking be respectful, coaches are volunteers and are there to teach you skills and the rules of basketball, they love the sport just like you do or they wouldn’t be there, You learn my listening not by talking!
2. Don’t back chat, be a smarty pants or show off no one likes a rude player, not everyone has the same skills and if you’re at training it’s because you want to improve. Even the best players in the NBL or NBA still train and develop.
3. Do as you are asked/instructed don’t argue with the coaches, do as they ask you, if you don’t understand ask the question – we don’t expect that every person knows what to do that’s why we teach you
4. No bullying or physical violence towards each other This behaviour will NOT be accepted, and players will be sent home from training, no one is better than anyone else – everyone is equal regardless of gender, religion, race. Leave your beliefs at the door and treat everyone fairly
5. No swearing I’m sure your parents don’t tolerate it at home or your teachers wouldn’t tolerate it at school, it won’t be tolerated here either. There’s no need for swearing, at yourself, each other or the coaches.