WEDNESDAY NIGHT JUNIOR TRAINING
** STARTS WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER **
UMUT SAHIN is our Development Coach in charge of Wednesdays junior training
Umut is qualified with Turkish Basketball Federation with a Basketball Coaching Certificate. He has been playing basketball for almost 20 years in his home country as well as coaching for the last 6 years.
He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience in Technique and Tactics, Sports and Nutrition, Health of Athletes, Anatomy of Sports, General Training Knowledge.
Training Sessions with Umut are as follows:
Beginners to Intermediate – 5:30 to 6:30pm
Intermediate to Advanced – 6:30 to 7:30pm
PLEASE NOTE: Every player must have their own ball for ALL training sessions
Size 6 for Girls and Boys u14 and below
Size 7 for Boys u15 and above
Training is held in the gymnasium located behind the church
Hope Point Church
42B Beale Street Georges Hall NSW 2198
As a COVID Safe organisation all participants are required to check in via the ServiceNSW app with the QR code located at the entrance to the stadium.
All players must sanitise their hands on arrival and also their ball with the sanitiser and wipes provided.
Participants must leave the gymnasium immediately following their training session so as to ensure that we do not go over our regulated number of people on the premises.
TRAINING CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Do not talk when the coach is talking be respectful, coaches are volunteers and are there to teach you skills and the rules of basketball, they love the sport just like you do or they wouldn’t be there, You learn my listening not by talking!
2. Don’t back chat, be a smarty pants or show off no one likes a rude player, not everyone has the same skills and if you’re at training it’s because you want to improve. Even the best players in the NBL or NBA still train and develop.
3. Do as you are asked/instructed don’t argue with the coaches, do as they ask you, if you don’t understand ask the question – we don’t expect that every person knows what to do that’s why we teach you
4. No bullying or physical violence towards each other This behaviour will NOT be accepted, and players will be sent home from training, no one is better than anyone else – everyone is equal regardless of gender, religion, race. Leave your beliefs at the door and treat everyone fairly
5. No swearing I’m sure your parents don’t tolerate it at home or your teachers wouldn’t tolerate it at school, it won’t be tolerated here either. There’s no need for swearing, at yourself, each other or the coaches.